I know I’m not an artist but I will attempt what bloomingbannana and thesirentrick are doing. Though you’ll have to give me a little while, I have to actually find my tablet!
Can be a character from any fandom I follow, and if I don’t then I’ll do my best based on descriptions!
This sounds rad. I’m not a very good artist but send me a character and a number and I’ll give it my best shot. I’m going to be home all day tomorrow so run with it.
Q:Sherlock, obviously. You can choose which incarnation.
I’m playing with Elementary/Jonny Lee Miller, by the way.
- What they smell like: For some reason I keep coming up with “tobacco” even though canonically both modern Sherlocks have quit smoking. I guess it’s just ACD’s pipe smoker leaking in. Also: leather, and ink, and honeycomb - like that waxy mild honey smell - and something vaguely chemical.
- How they sleep (sleeping position, schedule, etc): Usually sitting up at like 3 in the morning, but if he’s tired and given access to a bed, sprawled and huggy and taking up the whole bed. He can fall asleep basically anywhere though. I feel like he can probably self-induce hypnosis and/or trance state, given his other interests in altered states. That’s not sleep but it’s related.
- What music they enjoy: Most kinds, but with a heavy bent towards trip-hop (as you can tell from the soundtrack) and string-heavy indie. Incredibly obnoxiously knowledgeable about classical.
- How much time they spend getting ready every morning: Not terribly long - efficient - but spends slightly longer on his wardrobe choices than you’d suspect. Tops 40 minutes though.
- Their favorite thing to collect: FACTS. Also primary source documents, from the personal epistolary sort (eg, letters to penpals) to original copies of old books and such.
- Left or right-handed: Naturally right handed, but practicedly ambidextrous and capable of several different styles of handwriting.
- Religion (if any): HAHAHA. Science, I suppose.
- Favorite sport: I think he’d be fascinated by sports that require a lot of strategy. Thus, I’m going to say (from traditional sports) probably baseball and likewise cricket, but I WANT to say that he watches football in a instinctive kid-like manner. I think Sherlock would collect sports stats just like everything else though.
- Favorite touristy thing to do when traveling (museums, local food, sightseeing, etc): Sherlock would never consider himself a ‘tourist’ — he’d acquaint himself with the area far too much beforehand — but snacking on street food would probably be a favorite.
- Favorite kind of weather: Dry and clear and just a little cool, because it’s useful for preserving scenes. Being English I assume he doesn’t love New York’s hot summers anyway.
- A weird/obscure fear they have: Losing his memory. I guess that’s not weird. I can’t think of a weird one though.
- The carnival/arcade game they always win without fail: That totally rigged one where you have to toss balls into buckets. He’d be able to figure out the angle, and more importantly he’d also know when to stop.
Leave a character in my askbox and I’ll give you a headcanon!
Let’s do a weird headcanon thing
- What they smell like:
- How they sleep (sleeping position, schedule, etc):
- What music they enjoy:
- How much time they spend getting ready every morning:
- Their favorite thing to collect:
- Left or right-handed:
- Religion (if any):
- Favorite sport:
- Favorite touristy thing to do when traveling (museums, local food, sightseeing, etc):
- Favorite kind of weather:
- A weird/obscure fear they have:
- The carnival/arcade game they always win without fail:
I spotted this awesome little meme while linksurfing around trying to find that quote about Grantaire’s dad despising him for being bad at maths. This is more fun!
Any fandom I’m even REMOTELY familiar with is open, though obviously I have some that are bigger than others.
- name: faye
- age: 27
- gender: no thanks
- birthday: july 16
- height: 5’4
- sexuality: queer is probably most accurate but i id as bisexual
- relationship/status: i have a wife-shaped person and a metamour who are both awesome. <3
- occupation: customer service/data entry essentiallyDo you have any--
- siblings: nope
- pets: two kitties, eris and orpheus
- piercings: not anymore: ears closed up
- tattoos: three, a dandelion with the word ‘persistence’ on my wrist; the words ‘this year will be better than the last’ down my spine and a butterfly on my hip. planning for more: the next will probably be a halfsleeve of death from the sandman, most likely david mack’s version.Favorite--
- movies: oh geesh. the ones i force on everyone are the crow, velvet goldmine, empire records…but i love movies so there are a lot. les mis, recently.
- foods: veggie sushi, banh mi, and cheesy comfort foods like mac and cheese.
- bands/artists: thursday, fall out boy, patrick wolf, recently bastille and bon iver…i also like a lot of music.
- things to do: write, roleplay (journal format = <3) and use tumblr? listen to music. read, which i don’t do enough of.
I’ve gotten this meme about three times now sooo…ten facts about me:
- I was born three months early. (If I had been born at the right time I would have almost definitely been a Libra.)
- My entire church choir played the children’s chorus in the local city opera’s production of La Boheme when I was ten. I loved it, except that I had to curl my hair into little sausage curls and it would not hold even with a TON of hair spray. And I also nearly fell into the pit once because the chair I had to jump up onto tipped forward (the dude who was my ‘father’ neatly grabbed me).
- I was never a member of the church that the choir sang for. (I wasn’t required to be, either.) But I did like singing there.
- I was such a musical theater geek when I was younger that when I couldn’t get the username I wanted on AOL I added “24601” to the end instead of my birth year or a random number.
- I played basketball from the time I was 8 to the time I was 13 and despite not being very good at it, I felt really good about myself and made a ton of friends and I miss it a lot.
- I named my dog Eilonwy after the princess from The Black Cauldron when I was 7.
- I am incapable of going to bed without checking at least one of my social media sites.
- I would love to be a roller derby player.
- I would love even more to write something publishable but I am deeply afraid that I’ll never finish anything because I’m too afraid they suck or because I’m so much better at creating characters than stories. I have multiple 100+ page stories that I’ve abandoned because I don’t feel good about them.
- It’s my and my wife’s ten year anniversary (of dating, not marriage :P) today - more than a third of my life!
meet the blogger
- • the meaning behind my url: uh. winged? a thing with wings? it's a reference to my name, which can mean "faery" and is itself a reference to another name which means "bird"
- • weakness: chocolate, coffee, the sims
- • last time i cried and why: this morning bc i was stressed out about what to wear to an interview
- • piercings: nope. my ears used to be pierced but they closed up and i would be too embarrassed to go to a tattoo/piercing place to get my lobes pierced. i don't really want any others now but for a long time wanted a lip piercing.
- • favorite band: changes pretty often. thursday is probably my favorite band of all time. currently listening to a lot of iamx & fall out boy
- • biggest turn off(s): general douchebaggery and bigotry.
- • top 5 foods: veggie sushi, indian food, banh mi, gelato, ...most desserts
- • tattoos i want: david mack's painting of death, crows, a tattoo (possibly of a ship) with lyrics from godrevy point by patrick wolf
- • biggest turn on(s): intellect, kindness, passion (particularly social activism), a bit of androgyny (internal or external)....high cheekbones don't hurt :P
- • life goal(s): idk. be happy.
- • favorite movie: The Crow or Velvet Goldmine maybe
- • a fact about my life: when i was little i used to walk around telling myself stories and saying all the dialogue out loud and people thought i was pretty crazy
- • phobia: wasps
- • tattoos i have: a dandelion with "persistence" above the leaf on my wrist, a butterfly on my hip, the words "this year will be better than the last" down my spine
Handwritten Post Day TMI
- 1: Write your URL in some writing that you thought were super cool when you were younger. Eg, bubble letters, digital clock letters, letters with lots of embellishments, or letters with smiley faces in them.
- 2: Write a list of all the countries or states you’ve been to. Write a comment on each of them. Or some, if you can’t be bothered.
- 3: List your top three statistical Tumblr crushes and draw their icons.
- 4: Draw a selfie.
- 5: Name three things you like about yourself.
- 6: Do you like the climate you live in? What do you like about it or what would you change?
- 7: What is your current mood? Write and/or draw.
- 8: Can you tie a bow-tie? A regular tie? If yes, how and when did you learn?
- 9: Pick something from your immediate surroundings and tell the story behind the item.
- 10: The last time you noticed you’d put a piece of clothing on incorrectly, i.e. backwards/inside out/etc?
- 11: What is a typical breakfast for you?
- 12: How do you take your favorite coffee? Eg strong or weak? Black or with cream/milk and/or sugar/sweetener? Filter, espresso, French press or instant? Hot or iced? Regular or decaf? None of the above?
- 13: Describe your favorite food. Who makes it?
- 14: List 5 movies that you love.
- 15: What is a wanky memory from Tumblr that still makes you blush?
- 16: What brought you to Tumblr?
- 17: Have you had any real Tumblr crushes? If you want to keep your mystery, answer with a drawing.
- 18: Do you prefer to text or call your friends?
- 19: Write an autograph version of your URL.
- 20: Pick up the nearest printed material in your first language and copy out a random paragraph.
Q:11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 27, 32, 34, 35, 43
meet the blogger
Eye Color: a very weird tumultuous color that seems to be the result of shifting from looking more like my dad’s (blue) to my mom (hazel) as i get older. mostly green, though. very green if i’ve been crying. pretty blue if i’m tired.
Birthday: 16 July
Favourite color: purple but also a big fan of turquoise/teal
Best school subject(s): english. queer anything.
Mac or PC: both! i’m ambidextrous and i see benefits to both. currently craving a chromebook tbh.
Current shirt color: teal
Day or night: i’m usually happiest/most productive in the morning but i enjoy being up late too. the afternoon is like a dead zone
Celebrity crush: lots of people! apparently i’m going to leave my wife for chris corner though so, there you have it.
Leave a “♪” in my ask box…
…and I’ll put my iTunes on shuffle and tell you your life soundtrack.
First Day At School:
Falling In Love:
Getting Back Together:
Birth of Child:
Message me a body part
- Hair: How many wigs do you own?
- Skin: Do you tan easily?
- Eyes: What is your favorite show to watch?
- Nose: What is your favorite perfume/candle fragrance?
- Mouth: Do you want to kiss anyone right now?
- Tongue: What was in your last meal?
- Windpipe: Do you sing?
- Neck: Do you wear necklaces?
- Ears: How many times have you heard something you wish you never had?
- Cheeks: Do you blush easily?
- Wrists: Do you/ have you self-harmed?
- Hands: Are you an artist/writer?
- Fingers: Do you play an instrument?
- Heart: Are you in love? If so, does the one you love know?
- Lungs: Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Breasts/chest: Are your maternal/parental instincts strong?
- Stomach: Do you feel confident in your body image?
- Back: Are you a virgin?
- Hips: Do you like to dance?
- Vagina/Penis: Have you been judged because of your gender?
- Ass: Have you ever been sexually assaulted? If so, have you recovered and what is your advice for others in the same situation?
- Thighs: Has anyone ever called you fat or ugly?
- Knees: Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Ankles: Have you ever been arrested?
- Feet: Do you ever wear heels just for the Hell of it?
- Toes: Do you like country music?