I’ve gotten this meme about three times now sooo…ten facts about me:
- I was born three months early. (If I had been born at the right time I would have almost definitely been a Libra.)
- My entire church choir played the children’s chorus in the local city opera’s production of La Boheme when I was ten. I loved it, except that I had to curl my hair into little sausage curls and it would not hold even with a TON of hair spray. And I also nearly fell into the pit once because the chair I had to jump up onto tipped forward (the dude who was my ‘father’ neatly grabbed me).
- I was never a member of the church that the choir sang for. (I wasn’t required to be, either.) But I did like singing there.
- I was such a musical theater geek when I was younger that when I couldn’t get the username I wanted on AOL I added “24601” to the end instead of my birth year or a random number.
- I played basketball from the time I was 8 to the time I was 13 and despite not being very good at it, I felt really good about myself and made a ton of friends and I miss it a lot.
- I named my dog Eilonwy after the princess from The Black Cauldron when I was 7.
- I am incapable of going to bed without checking at least one of my social media sites.
- I would love to be a roller derby player.
- I would love even more to write something publishable but I am deeply afraid that I’ll never finish anything because I’m too afraid they suck or because I’m so much better at creating characters than stories. I have multiple 100+ page stories that I’ve abandoned because I don’t feel good about them.
- It’s my and my wife’s ten year anniversary (of dating, not marriage :P) today - more than a third of my life!
meet the blogger
- • the meaning behind my url: uh. winged? a thing with wings? it's a reference to my name, which can mean "faery" and is itself a reference to another name which means "bird"
- • weakness: chocolate, coffee, the sims
- • last time i cried and why: this morning bc i was stressed out about what to wear to an interview
- • piercings: nope. my ears used to be pierced but they closed up and i would be too embarrassed to go to a tattoo/piercing place to get my lobes pierced. i don't really want any others now but for a long time wanted a lip piercing.
- • favorite band: changes pretty often. thursday is probably my favorite band of all time. currently listening to a lot of iamx & fall out boy
- • biggest turn off(s): general douchebaggery and bigotry.
- • top 5 foods: veggie sushi, indian food, banh mi, gelato, ...most desserts
- • tattoos i want: david mack's painting of death, crows, a tattoo (possibly of a ship) with lyrics from godrevy point by patrick wolf
- • biggest turn on(s): intellect, kindness, passion (particularly social activism), a bit of androgyny (internal or external)....high cheekbones don't hurt :P
- • life goal(s): idk. be happy.
- • favorite movie: The Crow or Velvet Goldmine maybe
- • a fact about my life: when i was little i used to walk around telling myself stories and saying all the dialogue out loud and people thought i was pretty crazy
- • phobia: wasps
- • tattoos i have: a dandelion with "persistence" above the leaf on my wrist, a butterfly on my hip, the words "this year will be better than the last" down my spine
Handwritten Post Day TMI
- 1: Write your URL in some writing that you thought were super cool when you were younger. Eg, bubble letters, digital clock letters, letters with lots of embellishments, or letters with smiley faces in them.
- 2: Write a list of all the countries or states you’ve been to. Write a comment on each of them. Or some, if you can’t be bothered.
- 3: List your top three statistical Tumblr crushes and draw their icons.
- 4: Draw a selfie.
- 5: Name three things you like about yourself.
- 6: Do you like the climate you live in? What do you like about it or what would you change?
- 7: What is your current mood? Write and/or draw.
- 8: Can you tie a bow-tie? A regular tie? If yes, how and when did you learn?
- 9: Pick something from your immediate surroundings and tell the story behind the item.
- 10: The last time you noticed you’d put a piece of clothing on incorrectly, i.e. backwards/inside out/etc?
- 11: What is a typical breakfast for you?
- 12: How do you take your favorite coffee? Eg strong or weak? Black or with cream/milk and/or sugar/sweetener? Filter, espresso, French press or instant? Hot or iced? Regular or decaf? None of the above?
- 13: Describe your favorite food. Who makes it?
- 14: List 5 movies that you love.
- 15: What is a wanky memory from Tumblr that still makes you blush?
- 16: What brought you to Tumblr?
- 17: Have you had any real Tumblr crushes? If you want to keep your mystery, answer with a drawing.
- 18: Do you prefer to text or call your friends?
- 19: Write an autograph version of your URL.
- 20: Pick up the nearest printed material in your first language and copy out a random paragraph.
Q:11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 27, 32, 34, 35, 43
meet the blogger
Eye Color: a very weird tumultuous color that seems to be the result of shifting from looking more like my dad’s (blue) to my mom (hazel) as i get older. mostly green, though. very green if i’ve been crying. pretty blue if i’m tired.
Birthday: 16 July
Favourite color: purple but also a big fan of turquoise/teal
Best school subject(s): english. queer anything.
Mac or PC: both! i’m ambidextrous and i see benefits to both. currently craving a chromebook tbh.
Current shirt color: teal
Day or night: i’m usually happiest/most productive in the morning but i enjoy being up late too. the afternoon is like a dead zone
Celebrity crush: lots of people! apparently i’m going to leave my wife for chris corner though so, there you have it.
Leave a “♪” in my ask box…
…and I’ll put my iTunes on shuffle and tell you your life soundtrack.
First Day At School:
Falling In Love:
Getting Back Together:
Birth of Child:
Message me a body part
- Hair: How many wigs do you own?
- Skin: Do you tan easily?
- Eyes: What is your favorite show to watch?
- Nose: What is your favorite perfume/candle fragrance?
- Mouth: Do you want to kiss anyone right now?
- Tongue: What was in your last meal?
- Windpipe: Do you sing?
- Neck: Do you wear necklaces?
- Ears: How many times have you heard something you wish you never had?
- Cheeks: Do you blush easily?
- Wrists: Do you/ have you self-harmed?
- Hands: Are you an artist/writer?
- Fingers: Do you play an instrument?
- Heart: Are you in love? If so, does the one you love know?
- Lungs: Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Breasts/chest: Are your maternal/parental instincts strong?
- Stomach: Do you feel confident in your body image?
- Back: Are you a virgin?
- Hips: Do you like to dance?
- Vagina/Penis: Have you been judged because of your gender?
- Ass: Have you ever been sexually assaulted? If so, have you recovered and what is your advice for others in the same situation?
- Thighs: Has anyone ever called you fat or ugly?
- Knees: Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Ankles: Have you ever been arrested?
- Feet: Do you ever wear heels just for the Hell of it?
- Toes: Do you like country music?
Which one are you?
Or reblog and ask your followers!
lets do this
I think I may be a Bokukko. Yeah?
oh god what am i
OH MY FUCKING GOD TELL ME WHICH ONE I AM
anon is on
anime me plz
I would like to anime plz
eleven questions from discursivedisarmed
Morghan gave me questions! Same deal as last time.
first thing that pops into your head when you think of being happy? puppy pile on the foldout couch with tash and jess :) or even just all three of us curled up together doing different things: tash on her laptop, jess resting for work, me on my phone.
where do you wish you were right now? somewhere in the opposite hemisphere so it stops being dark all the time. i love chicago but i have never been as aware of my SAD as i am here. it gets dark so early here - i think it’s because we’re fairly far east in the time zone so sunset is 4:45 here while in louisville or indianapolis it’s approximately 5:45.
eleven questions from neverless-wonder
Sherlock Holmes and Charles Xavier are playing chess. Who wins? Well, knowing your opponent’s moves is important. Holmes has the element of deduction, but Xavier can read his mind. If Holmes knew he had that ability he’d probably be able to counter it, but Professor X can both telepathically camouflage (eg, make others’ perceptions appear different) and shield his thoughts so he can mislead Holmes. So, Professor X has the edge.
That said if they’re playing a fair (no telepathy) game Xavier will probably win anyway because canonically he plays more chess. So, Professor X. Is the answer. But I’d like to see the game.
- What’s your favorite boardgame? I haven’t really busted out the boardgames recently, we should while we’re visiting! But I really want to play Ticket To Ride or Settlers of Catan and even really old-school tabletop D&D type games. In terms of stuff I’ve played love things like Trivial Pursuit and Clue. I kind of hate Monopoly because it takes forever and everyone hates each other by the end.
eleven questions from themadkrivo
- What’s the weirdest anecdote you have The weirdest story EVER? Geez, I’ve probably repressed it. Probably the time Jared Leto walked up to me in a concert venue and said “Hi, I’m Jared” and then I can literally not remember anything after that for MINUTES: the next thing I can conjure is standing alone and thinking “you idiot, go after him!” and not being able to see him anywhere and going upstairs to join Jess. I can’t remember if I said hi back or just stared. At this point I can’t even be sure it HAPPENED or if I MADE THIS UP or if it was someone else and I’m just mapping it onto him (neither of those would be characteristic: me making it up, I mean, or me confusing someone else with Jared Leto because if you ever meet him in person he has literally the most surreally blue eyes and I had met him several times at this point). Things that are also not characteristic: me totally losing time like that. I assume I just like, freaked out. So that’s probably the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.
- If you could change anything (like, anything, in the world, about yourself, about a tv show) what would you change? I guess I would change people hating each other? Like this human instinct to discriminate and war.
eleven questions from isntithateful
So I got retagged on this eleven questions thing by isntithateful, I’m not going to bother retagging people but I like answering questions. If you feel somehow left out or something, let me know and I’ll send you questions.
1. Cats or dogs? - Both. I could not possibly choose. I adore my kitties but someday I want dogs again. Medium to really large if possible but we’d need to have ~space~ to have a big dog. I’m not one of those people who thinks dogs and cats are totally different and only appeal to one or another type of person, though I will say dogs are much more TOLERANT of people, possibly to their own detriment.
2. Who’s your favourite comedian? I love watching Simon Amstell with you, I feel like he makes me think about real things and laugh at the same time. I looove Eddie Izzard. I like The Daily Show in terms of non-standup. Current-event or just real-life comedy works better than sketch or sitcom for me usually, with a few exceptions, even though I do like some of those. But anyone who does kind of dry self-effacing humor or snarky political bits or both. You know more about comedians than I do though, so really we should just watch a ton.
drabbles: send me characters and a prompt
Leave a “Amuse Me” in my ask, and I will write a funny drabble about one character trying to cheer another up.
Leave a “Break Me” in my ask, and I will write an angsty drabble.
Leave a “Call Me” in my ask, and I will write a drabble about one character asking for another [be it at the brink of death/in a battlefield/knocking on the front door wounded, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Drink Me” in my ask, and I will write a drabble about characters drinking, alone or with each other.
Leave a “Enamor Me” in my ask, and I will write a fluffy drabble characters trying to woo one another [be it out of the blue/Valentines Day, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Fight Me” in my ask, and I will write a drabble out one character fighting with/or against another.
Leave a “Get Me” in my ask, and I will write a drabble about one character saving another.
Leave a “Haunt Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character watching over another [as a ghost, watching from a distance, or otherwise, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Invite Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character asking another character to join them.
Leave a “Join Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character giving another character an offer [be it a proposal for an alliance, asking them to join them in an activity (you can get dirty if you want), feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Kill Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character killing another.
Leave a “Love Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a fluffy drabble about two (or more) characters.
Leave a “Mourn Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character mourning another character’s death.
Leave a “Nurse Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character healing another.
Leave a “Offer Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character giving another a gift.
Leave a “Paint Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character drawing a picture of another [like one of your french girls~ be it painting them or drawing them, maybe offering a picture of them as a gift, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Quiet Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character trying to calm another down [be it from crying, from lashing out, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Remember Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character trying to get another to remember them [be it from an accident, meeting them after years apart, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Tell Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character confessing something to another [be it a love confession, a secret, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Unbind Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character freeing another, or the other way around, or something among the lines [be it freeing them from jail, from handcuffs, from a trap, from a curse, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “Value Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character telling another how they feel about them.
Leave a “Wed Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about a character under the subject of wedlock [be it characters proposing to or marrying another, feel free to specify.]
Leave a “X Me” in my ask, and I will write whatever it is that you wish, [specify.]
Leave an “Yahoo Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about the specified characters celebrating something [feel free to specify.]
Leave an “Zip Me” in my ask, and I’ll write a drabble about one character dressing another, or the other way around [this can also be used for shutting them up as well, but feel free to specify.]
I’ve had writer’s block like nobody’s business the last few weeks, and I adore these prompts so I would be super grateful if you all would send me a few! Specify any characters from my fandoms (or hell, something else even if you think I know it), or leave them for me to choose if you like. Pretty please?
This sounds like a great exercise and I’d super appreciate some prompts! I’ll try to actually do them, too!
I haven’t written in FOREVER - if you think I even vaguely know characters, leave them for me! Please! (I’ll do my own characters and/or RP pairings I used to do as well of course.)